WeatherDock easyONE AIS DSC-CL MOB Auto Activate Beacon
Brand : WEATHERDOCK AG
- Orders Shipped Same or Next Business Day
- Extra Options for Signature, Express & Insurance at Checkout
- Float Free Self Buoyant
- From Lifejacket to Lifejacket without Special Preparation
- AIS, DSC - Closed Loop
- Receiver AIS:
- GPS, COG and SOG
- Manual and Automatic (water contact)
- Up to 7 Nautical Miles
- Battery Life:
- 7+ Years
- Transmit Time:
- 24+ Hours Battery Capacity
- No Registration, No License, No Annual
- via Bluetooth Connection and Free WeatherDock app
- Made in Germany
The new easyONE-DSCCL unit from Weatherdock is a combined AIS MOB/DSC Maritime Survivor Locating Device (MSLD).
It is developed to increase the efficiency of Man over Board emergency alerting to the vicinity according to all existing standards by starting broadcasting within seconds after activation.
This device is the world’s first AIS MOB unit with full automatic float free activation, interchangeable with any lifejacket type.
Goal of the easyONE-DSCCL is to fasten-up the alerting of the “next to the MOB” vessels. The combination of these two most effective communication ways will be the result which probably can make the difference between saving or losing a life at sea.
Due to the palm size the MOB easyONE-DSCCL is ready for easy usage with every kind of automatic life jackets, no matter which manufacturer. With a bright red LED flare the MOB has got a high visibility for miles.
Mounting into life jacket
The MSLD easyONE-DSCCL just has to be placed between the folded bladder of the life jacket.
First open-up the zipper of the jacket a bit that the small rope of the easyONE-DSCCL can be fixed by a knot on a given D-ring or something similar.
After that the easyONE-DSCCL has to be inserted upside down in between the bladder. Finally the zipper has to be closed again.
In event of emergency!
In case of man over board scenario the life jacket inflates automatically when submerged. The inflating of the balloon will throw out the MSLD easyONE-DSCCL which also will be submerged into the water.
The unit is triggered and starts broadcasting immediately.
Broadcasting DSC distress call
With the MOB easyONE-DSCCL it is possible to alert up to 8 different vessels within a closed loop call. MMSI of these vessels can be programmed into the easyONE-DSCCL easily via Bluetooth© and the free of charge Weatherdock-App.
Within seconds after the automatic activation the first DSC distress call will be send out to all pre-programmed MMSI numbers containing the unit-ID of the MOB.
This first alert will sensitize all the “closed loop vessels” about the event of emergency.
After there is a position-fix with the satellite a second DSC distress call is send out to all preprogrammed MMSI numbers containing the unit ID of the easyONE-DSCCL as well as current GPS position of the MOB.
Broadcasting AIS safety message
Parallel to the DSC distress call an AIS safety related message will be send out after the MOB has got the position fix from the satellite. In case that the fix is ready, an AIS emergency message is send out to all AIS systems in the vicinity up to 7 nautical miles and more.
The message contains the unit-ID of the device as well as live GPS position and speed and curse over ground of the victim drifting in the current. The GPS position will be updated every minute and send out with the next transmission.
- Usage with every automatic life jacket without special preparation - very easy mounting
- AIS safety related message to every AIS receiver within range of transmission
- Persistent AIS broadcasting with updated GPS position every minute
- DSC distress call to up to 8 different vessels in closed loop call
- +24 hours battery lifetime in dual mode (AIS & DSC broadcasting)
- High visible bright red LED Flare
- More than 1 W radiated transmission power for AIS mode
- 0.5 watt radiated transmission power for DSC distress call
- Full automatic activation when submerged
- Full self-floatable
- No annual fee
- No license needed
- According all existing standards
- Patented antenna release mechanism
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 168 x 48 x 27 mm
- Weight: 120 g
- Waterproof: Up to 10 meters
- Battery life: 7 years
- Battery operating time: 36hrs @ 0°C
- Battery: 6V, 2 Lithium industrial package units, CR2
- AIS: 161,975 and 162,025 MHz
- DSC: 156,525 MHz
- Controls: 2 Buttons (“TEST” and ”ON”)
- 2 LED’s (“GPS status” and “FLASH”)
- Red LED Flare
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +55°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C to +70°C
- Part #A10901