ZOLEO introduces a new era in communication and safety!
For Anyone Who Ventures Beyond Mobile Coverage
Only ZOLEO connects with the free ZOLEO app on your phone or tablet, to provide seamless global messaging that follows you in and out of mobile coverage — plus added safety features you can count on world-wide.
ZOLEO extends your coverage to everywhere by transmitting messages over the Iridium satellite network via the device and mobile and Wi-Fi via the app so you can always count on your connection:
- Offers a familiar ‘texting’ experience from your phone or tablet
- Makes it easy for contacts to reach you via your dedicated ZOLEO SMS number and email address
- Enables you to enjoy more value for your dollar versus other satellite communicators
What Can ZOLEO Do?
Global 2-way text, email and app-to-app messaging
- Send an SOS alert with 24/7 emergency monitoring and dispatch included (provided by GEOS)
- Check-in with one touch, to let others know you're OK
- Get DarkSky™ weather forecasts
- Share your GPS location with others
How ZOLEO Works?
When you’re beyond mobile coverage your ZOLEO satellite communicator connects with our free app on your phone so you can send/receive messages anywhere on the planet via the Iridium satellite network.
When you're within mobile coverage, uniquely the ZOLEO app seamlessly delivers messages over mobile and Wi-Fi, therefore, you'll always get the message, even if the ZOLEO satellite communicator is turned off!
For added peace-of-mind, built-in Check-in and SOS buttons help keep you safe — even if your smartphone is damaged or out of battery life.
Why is ZOLEO a Truly Innovative Product?
ZOLEO is the first product that delivers fully functional seamless global messaging to the world.
The mobile satellite industry offers products that provide consumers, enterprise customers and governments with connectivity where mobile and landline networks don’t reach. Broadly speaking, mobile satellite phones have focused almost exclusively on voice communications and have had a large form factor with only a numeric keypad - think 1990 cellphone as opposed to smartphones today. Satellite phones have also been very expensive in terms of hardware and service plans, generally limiting their penetration to commercial customers and remote operators such as resource companies, utilities, and governments.
More recent consumer-oriented satellite devices, such as DeLorme’s innovative and successful inReach product line (now owned by Garmin), have leveraged the less expensive small packet data capabilities of mobile satellite networks to target outdoor adventurers with product features such as tracking, SOS alerting, and limited texting capabilities.
While these devices have proven indispensable in areas not covered by mobile/Wi-Fi, a serious limitation is that they transmit exclusively over the satellite network, effectively locking the user’s messages into a network ‘silo’. Consequently, when users return to mobile coverage and turn their satellite devices off, messages sent to them may never be received or seen. This is particularly frustrating to those who are frequently in and out of mobile coverage.
Until ZOLEO, no one has conquered what is perhaps the killer app of the smartphone age – messaging.
ZOLEO’s messaging functionality reflects a deep integration of capabilities between the user’s smartphone and ZOLEO mobile app, the ZOLEO satellite communicator, a sophisticated but invisible (to the user) back-end messaging infrastructure and the Iridium satellite network. Iridium is the only network that provides true global coverage over the entire planet. ZOLEO Inc.’s unique approach overcomes the limitations of today’s mobile satellite devices, by transmitting messages via satellite, mobile and Wi-Fi to offer a truly seamless global messaging experience – as it was meant to be. With deep industry expertise, intensive analysis of usage data, and access to thousands of mobile satellite customers who told us what they want, ZOLEO offers a differentiated, unique set of innovative messaging capabilities. These include:
- A familiar and non-technical messaging experience for smartphone users.
- An app that seamlessly transitions between Wi-Fi, mobile and satellite networks, so that your message is delivered regardless of whether you are currently connected to the ZOLEO device.
- Messages of up to 950 characters, as opposed to the traditional SMS 160 characters supported by other satellite messaging devices.
- A dedicated ZOLEO “04” Australian SMS number, so that your contacts can proactively message you as opposed to needing to wait for a message from you, to which they can reply.
- Easy device sharing whereby your family member, friend or co-worker can use ZOLEO by simply downloading the free app and connecting to the device.
These features and others help make the ZOLEO messaging experience far more functional and familiar than anything on the market today. In addition, it still offers more traditional satellite device capabilities such as an SOS button and GPS location. It is also the clear value leader in mobile satellite communications with a low device price, free app, and rate plans that can include lots of messages -- or even unlimited messaging -- for reasonable monthly fees.